Aizan Development Foundation believes that education is a powerful tool in fighting poverty, reducing gender inequality and transforming communities. Education is the most valuable asset any person can obtain. It is a fundamental right and a universal right for which we share a global responsibility.
Education is vital to achieving long-term sustainable development and it is crucial for poverty alleviation and rule of law. When children obtain an education they are healthier and are able to significantly improve their chances to earn more later on in life.
Aizan Development Foundation believes that education is not a privilege – it is essential for all citizens and it should be available to everyone regardless of their gender, religion and ethnicity. We believe it is the key to a better childhood and a better future for children, their communities and their countries. With this belief, Aizan Development Foundation works to:
- Raise awareness on Article 25-A, which provides free and compulsory education to every child between the age of 5 and 16 in Pakistan.
- Outreach to marginalized communities to sensitize them on the importance of education and in particular girls’ education
- Empower communities to encourage more girl’s enrollment in schools
- Raise awareness on the difference between simple education and quality education, encouraging teachers to be more involved and more interactive with students
- Promote a healthy, safe, protective and gender sensitive environment at schools; and provide adequate resources and facilities in schools
- Encourage development and capacity building of teachers as well as provide teacher training
- Encompass knowledge, skills and attitudes to ensure they are linked to national goals for education and positive participation in society
- Ensure children are sensitized on civic education, such as health and hygiene, promoting a clean and healthy environment by educating them on Anti Littering campaigns to keep Pakistan clean and tidy