Aizan Development Foundation organized a dialogue between the youth of Volunteer Task Force, on August 11, 2015, in order to celebrate the International Youth Day (August 12).
Background: On 17 December 1999, in its resolution 54/120, the United Nations General Assembly endorsed the recommendation made by the World Conference of Ministers Responsible for Youth (Lisbon, 8-12 August 1998) that 12 August be declared International Youth Day.
The theme of International Youth Day, 12 August 2015, was “Youth Civic Engagement.” The team of ADF decided upon the subject of “Importance and Benefits of Youth Civic Engagement” to put in front of the participants to examine and explore.
Objectives: ADF’s intentions behind arranging this dialogue were:
- To celebrate the International Youth Day
- To spread awareness about the existence of International Youth Day
- To discover the amount of information that the youth has about their involvement in civic matters
- To help youth realize the importance of their participation in civic matters by themselves instead of ‘feeding’ them words
To form a more sensible, more empowered youth body
Outcomes: The expected results from this activity were:
- Celebration of the “International Youth Day”
- Acknowledgement by young people of the important part they can play in the development of society, by fulfilling their civic responsibilities
- A more level headed, responsible, and empowered youth