On Saturday September 3, 2016, ADF in Multan carried out an Awareness Raising Workshop on Early Child Marriage at Muzafargargh City, District Punjab.
150 participants including lawyers, marriage registrars, clerics, religious leaders, teachers community heads and parents of out of school children attended the programme.
Mr Bacha Khan Vice Principle, Qadri Hussain Religius Leader , Doctor Memona all gave presentations at the workshop.
ADF Executive Director Nazia Raja and ADF team Member Shahnila Naz and Ishtiaq Hussain attending this event.
The objectives of the session included:
1. How to increase awareness on The Child Marriage Restraint Act 1929
2. How to increase School Enrolment for out of school children
3. How to increase the number of reported cases of Early Child Marriages
4. How to advocate for better response and recognition from the government
5. How to ensure more strict regulations on this crime.